About The MultiChoice Diski Challenge
The MultiChoice Diski Challenge is MultiChoice’s flagship corporate responsibility programme. The programme consists of three core elements:
- A 16-team development league in partnership with the PSL which will fast track the development of young players into the PSL league
- Life skills and leadership development of the young players
- Up to 43 internships for aspiring content producers at SuperSport gaining on field experience in broadcasting, running a weekly magazine show, as well as an opportunity to receive academic scholarships
The MultiChoice Diski Challenge
The MultiChoice Diski Challenge consists of 16 teams which are representative of the general PSL.
All the 16 teams will play each other once. The rules and regulations of this league are determined by the PSL.
University of Pretoria were the inaugural winners of the tournament after beating Mamelodi Sundowns 2-1 on penalties in the final at the Nike Football Training Centre in Soweto.
The programme will kick off on the weekend of 5 September 2015 and wrap up by March 2016. A total of 126 matches will be played. The winning team will receive:
- The MultiChoice Diski Challenge trophy (rotating)
- Gold medals
- A trip to Holland for a 4-day training camp at the Royal Netherlands Football Association (KNVB).
This video is not available in your region